Keeping Up With Life in Japan

Hello,


How's life? Mine is getting a bit unpredictable lately. But we'll talk about it soon
For now I wanna tell you how I things started to change (as I mentioned in my previous post).

- - -

When we (Bagus & I) first knew that Bagus is gonna be assigned in Japan for a year, we really had no idea of what is waiting for us there.

Why? Before I ramble even further, I better tell you where in Japan we will live.

For short, Utsunomiya is a capital and the largest city of Tochigi Perfecture. But, it is not Tokyo-kind-of big city (read here for more info about Utsunomiya). It is about 128km away from Tokyo, 2hours by Shinkansen.


Back to topic.
As I said, we both had no idea at all of what is waiting for us in Utsunomiya, well especially me. But eventually I managed to do a bit different (but better) than I originally planned.

I finally cook.
When I first came here, I had nothing to do because my Japanese class didn't start until a month after my arrival due to winter holiday. So for a month all I did was trying to cook and making myself comfortable in such a new environment.

But thanks to that I had so much time to explore things at local supermarket and try to cook decent meal for both of us, though I still have much to learn, but I'm pretty proud of myself *pats on the back*.

I started to learn Japanese (again).
On the second month, January 15th, I started my Japanese lesson. It is a facility provided by the company for foreign employee's wife.
I'm studying Japanese at home twice a week with Sachiko Nakasone Sensei, my teacher's (sensei) name. She's from Utsunomiya English Center (UEC) and she is very very nice. She even made me cheesecake (which I love) for my birthday. I am so lucky.

One thing that I know lately is that Japanese lesson at UEC is so expensive (about ¥7,000 per 2hours or Rp910,000; ¥ = Rp130) and I got to get it for free. I am double lucky.

I made friends.
One thing that made me worry to move to Japan, Utsunomiya to be exact, is that I don't know how much Indonesian there, is there anyone my age, or someone who share same frequency as me, things like that, since Bagus is the first person from their Indonesia branch who is being assigned to Japan.

But 5 weeks into my arrival, Bagus said we both invited for lunch with his friends and their wife, who are Indonesian. I finally made friends here. Yeay!

 
This was us, went for strawberry picking the next month




After that, the wives (or Dharmawanita), Luna (Hasbi's) and Febby (Icak's) said they know a place to learn Japanese that is not freaking expensive and asked me if I wanted to join. And (of course) I said yes. Now we meet at Omotesando Square twice a week to study in Utsunomiya International Plaza (UIP).

And my days after that is no longer the same.

I finally have a quite regular schedule & activities to keep me occupied.
For someone who had been working for 2.5 years before deciding to be a housewife temporarily, finally having a regular schedule is relieving.

On my first month, as I said for a million times, my weekday activities were limited to cooking and grocery shopping.

But after that, my schedule started to change.
- I have Japanese class 4 times a week.
- I have to do homework.
- I have friends who's on the almost same boat with me and I can hangout with.
- I still have to go grocery shopping and cooking.

And for me, go to sleep knowing that I have things to do the next day, is soothing.

- - -

In the end we never knew what's life going to throw us. All we can do is stay ready.
Because sometimes things are gonna be better than what we imagine.

Ajus
- - - 

PS: I actually have something big coming this week, hopefully it goes well so I can share it here soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEARTS ♡♧♢♤

:'(