662 Days: A Unique Relationship.

I believe every relationship is unique.

As much as I believe that every person, no matter how much similar, will always have -at least- one difference to tell them apart.

And relationship are even more unique because it consist of two different person trying their best to make it works.

This year I'm on my second year of marriage.
In this short amount of time I tried, and still trying, to learn 'how to' navigate a marriage.

One thing that I've learned is, again, every relationship is unique.
It's different from one another.
Not every 'love-quotes' or 'marriage-advice' out there are made for us.

One simple thing, I read somewhere, a long time ago, an advice about marriage of how we should not be on our phone on bed everyday. Or something like that. It will make us drifting apart from each other.

But in this very second,
Me and my husband are currently sitting on our bed
Me with laptop on my lap, writing this post (on normal day I'll be on my phone, playing game).
My husband, on the other side of the bed, with his headset on, phone in his hand, watching Youtube.

And we're not complaining.
We're content with each other presence, without have to intensely have a conversation.

As long as we're open with each other.
Like, if I want his attention I'll ask him to put his phone down and we'll talk.
Vice versa, I'll leave my game if he need to talk to me.

Or sometime we'll watch Youtube videos together, looking for new good places to travel, or even just to eat out.

Deep down we both know we're two introvert who need our own space while still enjoying each other presence.
That's what keep us sane.

And also, I try not to compare what we have with others. It's easier said than done, but I'm trying. And that's important.

Ajus

________________________________

PS: I don't know what the future will bring but for now it's enough for me. For us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEARTS ♡♧♢♤

:'(