Tsukune & Life Update

I've been meaning to update this blog but always stop mid-sentences, I kinda try to figure out how should I write my life update. But anyway, for now I just wanna give quick update that it's been exactly a month since I moved to Japan (I arrived at Haneda International Airport Dec 16th, 2017), all of my post while I'm here will be posted under label Ajus di Jepang (just like on my instagram posts) and I've been learning to cook (especially Japanese food) ever since I arrived.

(Some) Japanese food is surprisingly not as complicated as I thought it would be.
For example, today I (kinda) successfully made Tsukune, one of Japanese dishes that I discover at Japanese Cooking 101, a blog where I also find lot of simple Japanese food recipes.

And because I'm sooo happy to learn how to make a Japanese dish with all the ingredients that I bought here (I usually cook Indonesian food using some seasoning that I brought from Indonesia), I'm gonna share the recipe (full credit to Japanese Cooking 101) here:

- TSUKUNE RECIPE -
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 brown onion
  • 350g ground chicken
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 tsp grated ginger
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 4 Tbsp Katakuriko (potato starch)
  • 2 tsp oil
Sauce
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp Mirin
  • 3 Tbsp water
  • 1/2 tsp Katakuriko
Instructions
  1. Chop brown onion finely. Mix ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, put chicken, onion, yolk, ginger, salt and potato starch, and mix very well until very sticky. Divide into 16 pieces and shape like small round or oval hamburger patties.
  3. Heat oil in a frying pan at medium heat, fry patties for 3-4 minutes each side until cooked through. Add the sauce, and cook for a minute coating chicken with the sauce.

And you can watch the video here.

It's a quite easy recipe actually, and even tough my Tsukune didn't look like the one on the video, the taste is still delicious.

I hope my cooking skill will improve by the end of my stay here *fingercrossed*

Well that's all for now, I'm gonna write more & give details about my life update & my recent winter trip. Ciao!

Ajus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEARTS ♡♧♢♤

:'(